Top of Site > Introduction > Honor Roll
I have received support from a number of people, in a wide
variety of ways. This is a small way to express my thanks to (in
- John Adams, for so many pictures, for leads to interesting
items, and for such good conversations.
- George Braun for sharing a broadside from Bliss Manufacturing
- John Crammond for sharing his article on Hargrave, and his
data on Hargrave patents
- Lloyd Henley, for sharing a number of his finds, including
Dodge Manufacturing of Mishiwaka IN, Denney of Lancaster PA, and
Valley City Clamp Shop of Grand Rapids MI.
- Bill and Marilyn Hanson, for lending me their Gothauer clamp
from OK City OK.
- Paul Macone, for sharing his enthusiasm for Nathan Buttrick,
and his generous hospitality.
- Philip McRae and his son, as well as Jesse Sims, and Kirk
Grayson, for sharing examples of their artistry and
- John Terepka, for lending some of his Ohio Tool Company
- Ed Wallis, for sharing his knowledge of and enthusiasm for
The Dodge Manufacturing Company.
- Barry Weaver, for pictures, history of the early Hoods, and
interesting discussions about RI tool makers
- Cathy White, for providing information on a user that I just
could not find on my own.
- John Winkowiak, for lending me his Grand Rapids Hand Screw
specimens, and others.
- Phil Whitby, Patrick Leach, Martin Donnelly, and Roger Smith,
for putting up with a collector who is basically a bottom feeder,
and sharing their expertise.
Through the kindness of loans, I could study, measure, and
photograph many things I do not have. It took a lot of trust to
send a unique item to a stranger.
This is by no means a complete list, but it is a start.
last revised and validated
Copyright © 1996- Wooden Clamp Journal